Name:
Location: Tillamook, Oregon, United States

I'm a writer of quilting mysteries, a knitter and have a canine sidekick named Navarre

Monday, January 29, 2007

Foggy Point, Washington

Foggy Point, Washington is located along the Straits of Juan de Fuqua, west of Port Angeles. It is on a peninsula that extends north then bends west, so that it looks like the head and small claw of a Tyrannosaurus Rex.

In Victorian times, Foggy Point was a well known smugglers hideaway. Wine, spirits and luxury goods were the typical items smuggled. The citizens of Foggy Point would like to believe that the pirates of yesteryear are only a romantic paragraph in their communities’ history. It’s true that the coves and bays of today are no longer plied by the multi-masted schooners, but it would be naïve to believe smugglers no longer exist. Every man, woman and child knows not to go to the docks alone; even in broad daylight. . .

1 Comments:

Blogger Love Bears All Things said...

I don't see any other way to reach you. Imagine my surprise to hear from the author of a book I read. I finished it last night. Amazon.com recommended it when I went to order the latest Elm Creek book.
I enjoyed the book very much. I was hoping by it being called a Loose Threads' Mystery that you planned to write others. I also wanted to find out what happened with Aiden and Harriet.
How did you find me?
Mama Bear

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home